background

Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Simple Recipe

Whenever you go and buy a cook book these days it seems like there are always weird ingredients that are very hard to find at local grocery stores or you can't even pronounce. Even some of my favorite bloggers are constantly using odd ingredients! Let me tell you, it can be a challenge to get a farm boy to eat new or different things!

With my fresh start at blogger I am going to start a new series ( I suppose thats what you would call it). Each Sunday evening I am going to feature a recipe that is simple, easy and probably from my favorite cook book! Yes thats right, my favorite cookbook is from my home church, St. Louis Catholic Church in Custar, Ohio. All of the recipes in these cook books are from church members, many family and close friends!


My favorite cook books!
Today's recipe is a family favorite and something I crave every time the weather goes warm! This salad pairs perfectly with just about any grilled food or summer cook out.

Potato Salad
6-8 Medium potatoes, boiled and cubed
3-4 Hard boiled eggs, chopped
1/2 c. Miracle Whip
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 T. Mustard
2-3 T Cider Vinegar
1/4 c. Sugar
4 T. Milk
1/4 c. Onions, diced
1/4 c. Celery diced

In a large bowl mix together everything but the potatoes. Mix well. Make sure you are tasting the sauce as you go along, if you like more mustard or a creamier base, add some more goodies! Last just fold in the potatoes until all are coated. Chill and Serve!
Adding the potatoes in last helps keep them in tact a little better. Also if you are in a hurry, just microwave the whole potatoes until fork tender then cube when cooled. 

I actually made this for lunch today and it was so delicious I forgot to take a picture!! Enjoy and let me know what your favorite cook book is!

Amy Marie



2 comments:

  1. This is the one cookbook that I requested from my grandmas stash! Love seeing it on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try that recipe! Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete